We drive a car that runs on used vegetable oil and we built a straw bale house... we thought this might be a fun way to document our adventures and maybe, in turn, help others who decide to give it a go as well. Note: If you are interested in reading about the building of our straw bale house check out the blog archive (on the right side a little ways down) from 2008- when we began our research and 2009- when we actually constructed the house.
Friday, March 12, 2010
Yarrrrr. So here is a picture of the exhaust problem. The truck ran like crap and I noticed a lot of exhaust in the engine compartment. Turns out one of the springs that hold the exhaust down pipe to the manifold was missing. I put one back on and it ran even worse. So there must have been a blockage. When the truck was in storage for so long a mouse must have made a nest in the back of the pre muffler (thing in the picture cut in half). I could not dig it out it was packed in there so tight. So I cut it in half cleaned it out and welded it back together. New exhaust gasket and spring and she runs like a top. Nice consistent idle and clean exhaust.
Posted by Brittany at 11:10 PM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
I love your house, it is awesome!!!!
Post a Comment